Weekly Puzzle Creation Challenge
The weekly puzzle creation challenge is a contest run by webpbn users
Sylvain (qwerty), Jota (jota), and Tom O'Connell (sensei69).
Each week a theme is announced in
forum topic #112.
Winners are announced in
forum topic #114
and there is a winner question and answer in
forum topic #122.
If you'd like to post a puzzle for the contest, keep the following in mind:
- The deadline for posting puzzles will be on Sunday night at 7pm US Eastern
- To identify the puzzle as a weekly challenge entry, the title should
start with something like "#3 WCP" to indicate that it is an weekly
challenge puzzle for contest number 3.
- To be eligable, puzzles may have no more than 80 rows and columns.
So the puzzle could be 40x40, 45x35, or 60x20, so long as the number of rows
and columns do not add to more than 80. Smaller puzzles are always welcome.
- The judges are looking for puzzles whose difficulty is not too high, maybe
about three stars for difficulty, however this is not a strict limit.
- Puzzles must be logically solvable and must have unique solutions
to be considered.
- The titles of "winner", "runner up" and
"honorable mention" will always go to three different people,
so if you enter more than one puzzle, then the judges will only consider the
one they like the best.
- Puzzles are judged based on the quality of the image, originality,
compliance to the theme and rules, and on how much fun they are to solve.
Weekly Challenge Author
Points are awarded to winners of the weekly challenge according
to the following schedule:
Overall rankings are given below.